Encouraging good employee relationships helps employees cooperate with each other. Not only that, when employees feel like they are part of a close knit group, they are more likely to be loyal to your company, improving employee retention. Fun morale boosters like this one show that your company wants employees to be happy and work in a positive workplace atmosphere.
You can do this morale booster in the workplace with confidence, because all the employee morale activities we post on our blog have been used successfully at work and have been sent to us by workplace supervisors and managers.
Valentine Fun at Work – Be a Kid Again
Contributed by Sue Labbe of Turner Industries
About a week before Valentine’s Day, we put brown paper sacks and all the decorating supplies in our break room, and as people had time, everyone decorated a Valentine sack, just like when they were kids.
They put them on their desks or hung them on the side of their cubicles. Then on Valentine’s Day we all put Valentine’s in each other’s sacks and had a Valentine Party with red punch, cookies, and other snacks.
- We used the small lunch-bag type of paper sack which you can get in packs of 100 for less than $5.00.
- Decorations were glue and glitter, heart and valentine-related stickers (Hobby Lobby), and paint pens. Again, the cost was very little.
- Have everyone bring a pink or red item to eat and you’re set.
Hope someone else will use this idea – it’s a lot of fun being a kid again and we all got some good laughs out of the valentines.
3 Easy Steps to a Successful Valentine’s Day Party
- Create your invitation. You can see the invitation Sue used for both the decorating part of the activity and the Valentine Party in the upper left side of this blog.
- Buy lunch bags and decorating materials
- Plan to provide snacks or ask employees to bring them.
For more fun ask everyone to wear red at the Valentine’s Day Party.
Take photos and prolong the fun
Be sure to take photos of the decorated bags and of employees enjoying your Valentines Day party. That way you can post the photos in the break room, providing an additional boost of morale as everyone remembers the fun time they had.
And… save the photos for your year end party.
Your holiday party will be a hit with all your employees when they see photos of themselves having fun at work through the year.
Want more workplace morale boosters?
If you would like more employee morale boosters like this one fill out the box below and sign up for our free Employee Morale Starter Kit and you will receive a creative, low-cost employee morale booster every week in our email newsletter.